Hispanics of Today and Tomorrow
A nonprofit organization established in 1998
The organization’s mission is to preserve the Hispanic Heritage for future generations, strengthen then bridges of communication and understanding among all diverse cultures, ensure Hispanics participation in the mainstream, and bridge the community and working together to help the Hispanic community.
The organization has made contributions to the following……
- William Allen White Fiesta Night
- Riverside School Family Night
- Emporia Main Street
- Sacred Heart Playground Equipment
- St. Catherine Building Fun
- American Cancer Society
- Leukemia Foundation
- Breast Cancer Awareness
- Plumb Place Bldg. Restoration
- Emporia High School Multicultural Celebration Scholarship Fund
- Emporia High Latinos Unidos
- Jones Training Complex
- Emporia Migrant Service
- ESU HALO Taco Feed
- ESU Music Dept.
- Emporia 150th Celebration
- Emporia Arts Center
- Las Casitas Park Improvement
- Lyon County Historical Museum
- ESU Hispanic Heritage Celebration
- Emporia Girl Scouts
- Walnut School Turkey Dash
- Lyon County History Center
- ESU Latino Legacy Scholarship
- EHS Jones Complex
- Sertoma Train 60th Celebration
- First United Methodist Church School Supplies
- Emporia Senior Center Bingo Night
- Emporia Mainstreet
- Military Soldier Care Package
Hispanics of Today & Tomorrow at work. . .
The organization established a Scholarship for graduating Hispanic seniors of Emporia High School. The organization has awarded $73,350 in scholarships in the last nineteen years. Money is raised with the help of our sponsors and Cinco candidates at our annual Fiesta in downtown Emporia. Our accomplishments would not be met without their support.
H.O.T.T. awards scholarships to Emporia High students at the annual Cinco de Mayo festival in May.
The organization’s goal is to contribute assistance for higher education.
Raices Hispanas Dance Group performs at various events.
In addition to raising money at the annual Fiesta, H.O.T.T. makes and sells authentic tacos at different events in Emporia and throughout Kansas. All proceeds go towards scholarships.